A delicious on-the-go snack, hence the name ‘Peanut Butter, Banana and Honey Road Cake‘ from Keep It Simple Foods.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (for a vegan version use an egg substitute)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 heaping Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, honey and peanut butter.
Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Blend until well mixed. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan.
Bake for 15 minutes, until cooked through. Serve hot.
For added sweetness, drizzle honey over top.