Inspired by the traditional crepe recipe, these corn tortillas tacos add a salty and crispy touch that compliments the sweetness of the strawberries and chocolate chips! A great idea as a party appetizer. Gluten-free. (Recipe from Keep It Simple Foods)
Ingredients: (2 tacos)
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons whipped cream (use pre-made or make your own)
- If you plan to make your own whipped cream, do that first. Use a mixer to whip the cream until it stiffens up. Set aside.
- Next, toast the tortillas in a pan. Get the pan nice and hot. Toast one side and flip.
- Sprinkle about half the chocolate chips on top. They should start to melt right away. (Be sure the chocolate chips are at room temperature to begin with. Also, you could zap them in the microwave for 5 to 10 seconds to soften them up a bit beforehand.)
- Top with 1/2 the strawberries and 1 Tablespoon of whipped cream.
- Repeat for the second taco.
- Serve warm.
- A dash of cinnamon or powdered sugar might also be a nice touch.